Drying is one of the easiest ways to preserve citrus fruit and have them on hand for an array of uses. Make the most of oranges, grapefruit, lemons, limes, kumquats, or any other citrus fruit at their peak! Follow a few simple steps to achieve dried citrus fruit perfection at home using a normal oven. Discover the many uses of dehydrated citrus fruit and our step-by-step guide on drying citrus fruit.
5 WAYS TO USE DRIED CITRUS
1. A dried lemon wheel or two adds zest to your usual cup of tea, or, create your own citrus fruit infusion with hot water and dried fruit.
2. Bring a touch of flavour to bottled water with dried orange (some fresh herbs, like mint, work well together).
3. Give your baked goods the professional touch by decorating with citrus wheels.
4. Dried fruit wheels stringed together make for a cheerful party garland!
5. Grind into a powder to sprinkle over cereals, or create a custom rub for meat and seafood by mixing it up with herbs and spices.